Funktional is an award-winning agency that provides strategic branding services combined with handcrafted digital solutions to multi-national companies worldwide. Some of our clients include UNICEF, Draexlmaier, AON, Maspex (Kubuś, Alcalia, Tymbark, Decomorreno, Tarczyn), Telefonika, 3DGence, Sinterit, Bratex, Link4, and many others. We work across the full brand lifecycle, from strategy workshops, through a broad range of print and digital design services to full brand & digital product development processes. Our current strategy is taking us deeper into the product design and technology sector, however, our main verticals are FMCG, B2B (production, industry 4.0), technology, beauty & health. It is also worth mentioning that we are a part of the United Nations Global Compact initiative and we do our best to work with conscious brands that feel the responsibility they hold over the natural environment and shaping the society.
As the UI Designer you will be responsible for creating beautiful, world-class designs that are engaging, visually delightful, well organized, and emotionally resonate with users. Your work will be mostly focused on the final look and feel of websites, e-commerce platforms, and product designs, but you will work in pair with the UX team in order to assure maximum usability in the visual layer. You should have experience mainly in a UI role, but previous UX experience is welcome.
You will work on projects for clients across the world and collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide iterative designs based on user workflow, mockups, expectations, experience, business needs, and technical constraints. You'll also collect project requirements during workshops with clients while working in close partnership with the Creative & UX Director and other designers.
We are seeking someone who
- Is a problem-solver at heart, finds ways to express complex ideas through intuitive design
- Can translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Is able to ensure design consistency across all digital platforms (web, mobile, apps)
- Has a sense of ownership, responsibility, and engagement
- Can create world-class Dribbble shots and case studies
For this position, we are considering mostly hybrid cooperation.
3+ years of proven experience from a digital agency, software house, a fast-growing, fast-paced tech start-up or similar
- Portfolio showcasing experience in creating user-centered and intuitive digital experiences
- Proficiency in Figma or Adobe XD and/or other visual design tools like Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, etc.
- Working understanding of technology possibilities and limitations
- Ability to create designs that are efficient in development
- Strong knowledge of the latest technology trends, design rules and current trends
- Strong eye for detail, quality of output with presentations, and consistency in design
- Creativity, initiative, open mind and minimalism in creation
- Practical knowledge of UI design best practices (dashboards, CRMs, graphical interfaces, UI kits, etc.)
- Ability to manage work independently, complete projects on a timely basis and execute projects according to schedules
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in spoken and written Polish (native level)
- English language level that allows working on projects for international clients (good brief understanding)
Nice to have
- Ability to create illustrations
- Passion for motion design and/or 3D
- UX first type thinking, function before form
- Experience in wireframing
What we offer
- Salary of 7.000-12.000 net (B2B)
- Preferable form of employment is a B2B contract but other forms are also possible
- Having a chance to build new digital products for the biggest brands on the market
- Working with very talented and passionate strategists, designers, marketers, and engineers building top-notch solutions
- Work culture based on empathy, trust, and transparency
- Everything else we offer to our employees is listed on the careers main page
- 4-day work week (4 x 9 hours)
- Free Fridays to follow your passion and grow personally and professionally
- 23 days of paid holidays per year (+ additionally paid bank holidays)
- Fully paid unlimited sick leave
- Flexible working hours + partial remote work (we work in hybrid mode)
- Taking part in conferences, trainings
- Private medical care (PZU Zdrowie)
We accept CV's both in Polish and English
You can find instructions on how we process your data here.
Please note that your application must contain the following clause
I agree for my personal data included in my job application to be processed by Funktional sp. z o.o., Karmelicka 52/9, 31-128 Cracow, for the needs of the present recruitment process and in the future processes led by Funktional sp. z o.o..